Instructions for Attending for an Appointment
a new way of working due to Covid19
- Please do not come if you feel unwell. Phone us and we will happily reschedule your appointment.
- Do not bring in anything that could be left at home or in the car (coat if not needed, handbag, bracelets, rings apart from wedding ring, shopping etc)
- Come on your own unless you need a carer. Patients who are children need to come with one parent or guardian only.
- Please attend on time – not early. The door will be locked, ring the bell and the receptionist will let you in.
- The receptionist will check who you are and that you feel well.
- Please try to observe social distancing with other patents and the staff as much as possible. Of course, this won’t be possible while you have treatment.
- You will be asked to wash your hands thoroughly (this is why we ask you not to wear bracelets and more than one ring).
- You will then go to the waiting room upstairs – if you need to be seen downstairs due to mobility problems, please let us know in advance.
- Often you will go straight into the surgery.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser.
- You will be asked to sign any forms that are needed.
- Your treatment will take place.
- Afterwards, please pay the receptionist using a card if at all possible (contactless is best). If you can only pay with cash, please have the right amount in a clear plastic bag, prepared in advance. The NHS charge for urgent treatment is £22.70.
- If possible, please do not use the toilet at the practice. If you do need to use it, please tell the receptionist so that it can be cleaned after each use.
- If you become unwell with any covid symptoms in the 5 days immediately after your appointment, please ring us to let us know.
Finally, we know these are difficult times for everyone and that change can be worrying, please ask questions if you are unsure and let us know if you are feeling anxious.
Together we will make sure we do everything to make your visit as safe, successful and stress free as possible.